Stage at Porter Novelli (PR bureau)
Porter Novelli is a global purpose communications consultancy born from the idea that the art of communication can advance society. More than 45 years ago, we opened our doors – and people’s eyes and minds – for brands driven to make a positive impact. Today, we believe that organizations must find, live and tell their purpose in order to thrive.
Porter Novelli Brussels is the European hub for many of the agency’s international clients. We specialize in corporate, consumer, healthcare and food & nutrition communications. But it’s our people that really make the difference: we are a passionate, diverse, authentic group of professionals. We value fierce collaboration, standing up for the right idea, thinking differently and bringing out the best in our colleagues.
The intern will be a team member dedicating a majority of her/his time to one client during the implementation phase of a marketing, communications strategic plan, reputation management or policy/advocacy communication. This will be an excellent opportunity to take a hands-on approach and work on the execution of a strategy from the very beginning and to participate to all kind of work we do at Porter Novelli for the type of clients mentioned above. The rest of the time will be dedicated to the day-to-day support of other client projects. The intern will be asked to use demonstrated tactical abilities and have excellent written and oral communication skills to contribute to our projects.
• Produce drafts of written materials, such as summaries, presentations, proposals, and other client materials
• Assess and provide recommendations for different communication tools (e.g. Website, social media platforms, etc)
• Participate in strategic planning sessions and execute communication tactics for clients
• Monitor, conduct research and report on project status
• Support other team members as necessary in order to complete client projects
• Use organisation, communication and representation skills for other responsibilities as assigned during the internship
The successful candidate will have the following qualities and skills:
• Dutch (preferably bilingual, French and Dutch) with a very good knowledge of English
• Strong copywriting skills
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Team player but also able to work independently
• Proactive attitude, driven to provide new insights
• Responsible, well-organized with project management skills