www.scitech.com See also "Omschrijving vacature"
A future at Scitech
Be part of the Scitech success story – opportunities for Graduate jobs and placements to start in 2018.
Awarded ‘Best Specialist Contractor to Work For’ in the Construction Enquirer Awards 2017, Scitech look for talented graduates.
If you want to be part of Scitech’s winning team, send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting CAD&BIM Designer EU Office.
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a multi-disciplinary company specialising in the Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical sectors and our expertise ranges from design and build contracting and construction management to commissioning and qualification, pharmaceutical validation and quality consultancy.
While our head office is in UK, our EU office is located in Antwerp-Belgium and operates within client sites across Europe.
What sets Scitech apart from its competitors is the way we conduct business and work together to deliver ‘Perfect Outcomes’ for our clients. As an employee-owned company, with strong customer-centric values, we take great care and pride in every aspect of our work. We need talented individuals, who share our values, to realise our ambitious growth plans and deliver Perfect Outcomes for our clients.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
A chance to be part of and share in our continued success. Plenty of opportunity to develop your technical competence and expertise through continued study and training both on-the job and by external providers. Support in your pursuit of professional designation.
Interesting and varied projects offering exposure to all aspects of design and construction. Our permanent employees enjoy a comprehensive package including competitive salary and generous benefits. We believe in rewarding those who exemplify our values and deliver for our customers. In short, your success will be our success.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
We currently have a role for a Junior CAD & BIM Designer to grow into a Design Coordinator role into the future.
Scitech expect candidates have a profound technical educational background and are eager to learn the CAD & BIM methodologies. The CAD & BIM environment and knowledge will offer candidates a real platform for their future career.
Scitech internal staff will train and support this junior candidate within the CAD technology and systems to 3D, BIM and beyond. Scitech expect candidates to have a theoretical technical education background and more-over be open to learn and practice a broad pallet of technical disciplines (Architectural, Process, Electrical, Ventilation, Piping, Automation, …).
The inhouse hands-on training will run over several months and will continue since CAD technology is currently phasing into 4D, 5D, 6D concept.
Ultimately the candidate will become through experience a Design Coordinator, aligning to the functional description as referenced below.
Job Title: CAD & BIM Design Coordinator EU Ops
Role: Produce co-ordinated 3D architectural, MEP models & 2D drawings. Take a lead role in the production of Revit & BIM models on projects. Maintain company standards and develop local EU Office standards. Assist in developing and implementing BIM processes.
Responsible to: Office Manager, Project Manager(s)
1. Liaise with and assist architects, engineers and designers in drawing production and design solutions.
2. Produce accurate co-ordinated 2D and 3D models within AutoCAD and Revit/BIM.
3. Produce P&ID’s within AutoCAD
4. Support discipline engineers and PMs in take in of drawings at project start (initial As Built versus real situation) and review of drawings (IQ) aligned to execution of projects.
5. Ensure projects meet deadlines.
6. Support for project setups / requirements and kick off meetings.
7. Attend co-ordination meetings.
8. Use Navis clash detection to assist in co-ordination within the 3D model.
9. Oversee production of Revit models taking a lead role on projects.
10. Help implement Revit & BIM practices within the team.
11. Assist BIM development in the company and especially within EU Office.
12. Use, create & maintain standards and templates in Revit and assist in setting up new Revit projects and standards.
13. Liaise with and resolve Revit / BIM issues within the project team.
14. Implementing LOD for required stages.
15. Set up drawings within RTV document system and oversee RTV & SPOT to ensure standards are met.
16. Assist in creating / developing rendering processes, fly-throughs and 4D, 5D, 6D information.
Skills / requirements:
1. Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks experience.
2. To be self-motivated, creative and a team player towards project team colleagues (architect, discipline engineers, PMs), in order to guarantee project deliverables deadlines.
3. Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit & BIM.
4. Keep up-to-date with new Revit & BIM technology.
5. Knowledgeable of standards and templates in Revit.
6. Extensive knowledge of Revit family creation.
7. Able to assure development of model collaboration both internally with site & external companies.
8. Good communicator to assure first communication point towards external suppliers / contractors and the client in view of BIM and delivered work.
9. Relevant technical discipline Revit/BIM draughtman skills, including spatial coordination, constructability and work sequencing, as well as producing according LOD.
10. Understand Architectural and MEP system terminology and process.
11. Able to use and develop scheduling software for MTO’s.
12. Ability to use Navis for presentations.
13. Fluent in Dutch (NL) and English (E). Notions of French (F) are an advantage.