Operations & community intern
BeCentral is the digital campus located in Brussels Central Station. Cofounded and backed by more than 60 entrepreneurs, BeCentral is a place to learn technologies, grow a startup and impact society. Our goal by 2021 is to empower 100.000 human beings, of all ages, genders and backgrounds, to be actors of the digital revolution. We host 250 entrepreneurs in our 6.500-sqm campus, working for ~50 resident initiatives (digital schools, start-ups and NGO’s).
The operations & community intern will assist in ensuring an optimal end-to-end experience for external and internal initiatives, events and workshops at BeCentral.
Support event operations
• Follow-up on prospects and specific requests
• Prepare facilities for events: set up, break down, organize, and maintain rooms post-event
Participate to campus life
• Help organize internal events for our community
• Manage stocks (drinks, printers, consumables)
• Make sure common areas clean and neat
• Continuously improve our facilities and the residents’ experience
• Hands-on, kick-ass & pro-active attitude
• Someone with an eye for detail
• Fluent in English and/or French and Dutch
• Enterprising and versatile mindset
• Flexibility is a key asset as some of the event can sometimes start early of finish late.
• Ability to work efficiently in a team, with partners and with autonomy
• Interest in digital learning and entrepreneurship
What we offer:
• A vibrant, multicultural and multilingual work environment, at the very heart of Belgium’s tech ecosystem
• The opportunity to have actual impact on the future of individuals and on the most diverse tech community in the country
• Being part of a funky team
• Opportunities to try out multiple possibilities and ideas